Sunday, October 28, 2012

On this week observations, I found and named many organisms.  The image above is a Urocentrum.  This specie behaves a little like a spinning top in the way that the bottom stays central and still while the top spins rapidly and causes the movement of the organism.  This organism feeds off suspended bacteria and is very closely related to paramecium (Patterson 2003).  I can tell just from the two observations that my microaquriaum is growing and increasing in activity.  So far from what I see my aquarium is very diverse and composed of many organisms.  We will see how the Beta Fish Food Pellet reacts to the aquarium in next weeks post.

BIBLIOGRAPHY:

 Patterson 200. Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa: A Colour Guide
ASM Press and Manson Figure 388.

No comments:

Post a Comment